The Big Easy
by Melanie Berg
Relax and enjoy the knit! Everything about this shawl is meant to be easy, from the effortless garter stitch to the simple yet eye-catching nupp stripes.
The uncomplicated design showcases a gorgeous new yarn, Balayage, a yarn developed in collaboration between Melanie and Pascuali Filati Naturali. Melanie created the color palette, and together they designed the perfect balance of fiber, weight, and spin structure. The result is a stunning yarn with a fantastic feel that’s perfect for colorwork shawls, sweaters, and accessories!
Color Selection Guidelines:
- You will need 2 skeins each for the topmost color and the bottom-most color (these are your Main Colors), then 1 skein each for the middle color and the nupp stripes. Please type in your main color selections after you choose your Color Set.
- To order the original colors*, select the last image in the color choices.
- Please note the color names are listed from top to bottom.
* ORIGINAL COLORS: The sample is shown in Chachani (dark charcoal; 2 skeins), Umayo (medium grey; 1 skein), Ishinca (light grey; 2 skein), and Tacna (fuchsia; 1 skein)
Finished Dimensions: 94.5" [240 cm] wingspan along top edge and 23.5" [60 cm] width
Yarn: Pascuali Balayage (Fingering; 80% Baby Alpaca, 20% Organic Extrafine Merino; 190yds per 50g)
Suggested Needle Size: US [3.25mm] or size required to obtain gauge
OUR KIT INCLUDES:
- 6 skeins Pascuali Balayage; 2 skeins each of the stripe section colors and 1 skein each of the lace section colors. SEE COLOR SELECTION GUIDELINES AS YOU ORDER
- Option to add the pattern