Your Choice Pattern: Wavemaker by EdwinJohnKnits or
Breathe and Hope by Casapinka
PLEASE NOTE THAT BRIGHT IDEA/SMOKE RINGS AND PACK YOUR MANIAC SMOKE RINGS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO SHIP 11.1.21
We were able to work a little magic with one of our favorite dyers, Renee at Spun Right Round, and have a special selection of speckled colorways in Classic Sock that we don’t normally offer. And better than that, we’ve found two patterns we think will show off our pairings perfectly!
Dan Lee of EdwinJohnKnits, is a London-based designer who’s been publishing designs since 2018. One of our favorites – Wavemaker - is an eye catching, yet easy-to-knit shawl design that is sure to liven up your winter wardrobe. This design uses one skein each of a speckle and semisolid (or almost semisolid) and incorporates drop stitches creating a wave pattern alternating with rows of plain garter stitch. Equally beautiful in bright eye-popping colors or a more subdued palette, the elongated triangle is easy to wear and knit. Skills include increases, decreases and yarn-overs. Line by line instructions are written out with no charts. Sample shown was knit in another yarn, not Classic Sock.
Breathe and Hope
If you love designs using speckled yarns, then you probably already know Bronwyn of Casapinka. Bronwyn is best known for her love of all things pink, speckled yarns and her cat – Sharon from Security. She’s also a huge fan and supporter of local yarn shops and indie-dyers.
Breathe and Hope, launched in 2020 is another pattern we think is perfect for 2 skeins of fingering weight yarn. This design also uses a speckled yarn and a semi-solid and uses slipped stitches to create vertical stripes as well as color changes for horizontal stripes. She finishes the shawl with a fun bind off using her “knotty stitch”, though you could use a traditional bind-off. Sample shown was knit in another yarn, not Classic Sock.
- Yarn: Classic Sock by Spun Right Round⎜fingering⎜100% Superwash Merino⎜87 yds/each (870 yds total set)⎜20g/each (200g total set)
- 2 skeins in the combination shown
- Optional Pattern Add-on: digital copy (via Ravelry) - CHOOSE ONE
PLEASE NOTE: Like all hand-dyed yarns, Spun Right Round Classic Sock varies skein to skein. The skeins you receive may be lighter, darker, or more/less speckled than the image. That is intrinsic to the nature character of this dyeing technique.
- Finished Size: Wingspan: 108”/275cm; Depth: 16.5”/42 cm. on the longest side. 72.8"/185 cm by 45.3"/115 cm.
- Gauge (after blocking): 18 stitches and 40 rows = 4 inches in Venation Eyelet stitch
- Needles: US 5 - 3.75 mm
Breathe and Hope
- Finished Size: Wingspan: 78”/198 cm; Depth: 15”/38 cm. Measurements taken after blocking.
- Gauge (Blocked): 22 stitches in Stockinette
- Needles: US5 (3.75 mm) 40" circular and US7 (4.5mm) any length