Make a keep-sake wrap or blanket for 2022 with our year-long, easy-to-knit Temperature Shawl/Blanket.
OUR KITS INCLUDE:
THE BASIC KIT - Yarn: Pascuali Filati Naturali Balayage (80% Baby Alpaca, 20% Merino; 50 g / 190 yds [175 m])
- 12 balls total: 1 ball each Chimbote (602), Arequipa (604), Misti (606), Tacna (607), Iquitos (608), Piura (609), Macchu Picchu (610), Aguas Calientes (611), Titicaca (612), Salkantay (614), Sandoval (615), Ishinca (617)
- Digitial copy of the MDK Field Guide 13 which includes the pattern for the Garter Shawl/Blanket pattern as well as 3 additional patterns.
- ChiaoGoo Interchangeable Needles with one pair 5" Bamboo Tips in US5 and one 30" nylon SPIN cable.
- A key showing the color assigned to each temperature range.
- An Accuweather link for your shipping city for quick reference for the temperatures in your area. That way you can choose to start your project beginning with the January 1st temperature or simply pick-up from the date you start your blanket.
NOTE: The basic kit contains approximately 2/3 of the yardage required to complete the blanket using the Garter Shawl/Blanket pattern. You will need additional yarn to complete the pattern at the size indicated (approx 6-8 balls). Based on your climate you may decide to add a seasonal kit to your purchase OR purchase individual colors as needed. We cannot guarantee the same dyelot will be available during the year, however given the nature of the project, the slight variations from lot to lot will not affect the overall look of the finished blanket.
WINTER KIT - Yarn Only
- (5 balls total): 1 ball each Chimbote (602), Arequipa (604), Titicaca (612), Salkantay (614), Ishinca (617)
SPRING/FALL KIT - Yarn Only
- (3 balls total): 1 ball each Macchu Picchu (610), Aguas Calientes (611), Sandoval (615)
SUMMER KIT - Yarn Only
- (4 balls total): 1 ball each Misti (606), Tacna (607), Iquitos (608), Piura (609)
We are using the Garter Shawl/Blanket pattern from Kaffe Fassett as the basis of our blanket. WE will use his directions but NOT his color selection. Instead, we have selected 12 colors and assigned them to temperature ranges for our Basic kit. With a total of almost 2300 yards, the basic kit includes about 2/3 of the yarn you’ll need for your shawl/blanket. For the remaining yarn, we have created three seasonal add-on packs – winter, spring/fall and summer - so you can add the remaining yarn you need to suit your local climate. Alternatively, you can add colors as you need them from our open stock assortment.
Approximately 42" wide x 65" long when knitting 365 ridges
US5 (3.75mm) 32" needles (or size to obtain gauge)
24 sts and 44 rows (22 ridges) = 4” (10cm) over garter stitch