This is the type of project that brings me the greatest pleasure: soothing, repetitive and meditative. It’s what I most love to knit during my ‘me’ time.
Designs like these truly let me enjoy and make the most of this craft’s soul healing properties. They feel like a scented candle, or a warm cup of freshly brewed coffee. Relax, let go of all the worries.
I love to have a project that I can look at and know exactly at which point I left it, without having to check what’s next. Simple repetitions that produce a beautiful complex fabric with minimal effort. I love a project that can grow organically, without me making lots of plans before-hand. I often start these projects saying ‘This one is just for me. I don’t need to write this pattern, it’s just for my own enjoyment’, but here you are, reading about it.
I create patterns for self-love, so this one too had to go out to the world and be shared, but don’t worry, the pattern writing process was just as enjoyable as the knitting. This really is a simple design to make the most of our self-loving time, both for you, the knitter and for me, the designer.
* This design is shown in a different yarn, but we swooned at the idea of pairing it with Caravan. They are made for eachother! The best Caravan color match for the color shown is Antiquity.
- Yarn: Caravan by Crave Yarn (354 yds/100g; light sport; 70% Superwash Extrafine Merino, 10% Mulberry Silk, 10% Camel, 10% Cashmere)
- 2 skeins in selected color
- Optional Pattern Add-on: Digital copy (via Ravelry)
- Optional Needle Add-on: Chiagoo Bamboo Fixed Circulars
NOTE: We have selected our favorite colors from among the 30 colors of Caravan available for this shawl. If you prefer a color that isn't here, please do check out additional options from our open stock assortment.
MEASUREMENTS: 68¾” (172 cm) from side to side and 32¾” (83 cm) from top to bottom at deepest point.
GAUGE (after blocking): 17 st and 36 rows to 4” (10cm) in garter st on US 6 (4 mm) needles after blocking.
NEEDLES: US 6 - 4.0 mm