Knit in the round from brim to crown, this adventurous beginner hat will definitely keep you dry and warm even if you’re not setting sail.
OUR KIT INCLUDES
- Yarn: Crave Yarn Wayfare (Worsted/Aran; 100% Superwash Extra Fine Merino; 180 yards 165m/100g)
- 1 skein in selected color for Small and Medium
- 2 skeins in selected color for Large (or for loose knitters)
- Optional Pattern Add-on: Digital copy (via Ravelry); provide your Ravelry username or email address to receive your pattern.
- Optional Needle Add On: ChiaoGoo Bamboo Fixed Circular Needles in recommended pattern sizes
Sample shown in Quixotic
Sea Spray is a unisex, textured hat, knit in the round using Gansey-inspired stitches. Wear it slouchy or turn up the brim for a classic watchcap fit, see photo inside.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
3 Sizes: Small (Medium, Large)
To fit Head sizes: 18 – 20.5 (21 – 23, 23.5 - 25)” 45 – 51.25 (52.5 – 57.5, 58.75 - 62.5)cm
Finished Hat Circumference Rib Brim:
15.5 (17, 18.5)”/38.75 (42.5, 46.25)cm
Finished Height: 9 (9.5, 10.25)”/22.5 (23.75, 25.5)cm
Main Fabric Needle: US7 [4.5mm] 16” circular and one set of double-pointed needles
Brim Needle: US6 [4.0]
Tubular Cast-on Needle: US5 [3.5mm] 16” circular
18 sts x 27 rnds = 10cm x 10cm (4”x 4”) in stocking stitch worked in the round after blocking on largest needle. Tip: Wet block, pin swatch and leave to dry.