I've always been fascinated by space and travelling there, by the sheer dimensions of our solar system and what's beyond. The pattern at the yoke reminds me of the planetary orbit. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn... Also, it's been a lot of fun to knit. When you use Amble by The Fibre Co., the wonderfully soft fabric will make for a sweater you’ll love to live in.
When you use Amble by The Fibre Co., the wonderfully soft fabric will make for a sweater you’ll love to live in. Amble is perfect for sweater knitting and is a blend of merino and alpaca with just bit of recycled nylon included for increased durability. Planetary is a top-down, seamless knit which allows you to try your sweater on as you knit. The yoke includes 6 planet-like orbs created created with a “Bubble Stitch” pattern. This pattern is a great choice for the advanced beginner interested in knittinga first or second sweater.
BUILD YOUR KIT: Our kits are available as yarn-only kits. We have included the option to add the pattern, tools, etc. to complete the project.
- Yarn: Amble by The Fibre Co⎜Fingering⎜70% Merino, 20% Alpaca, 10% Nylon⎜355 yds | 100g: Your Kit includes the number of skeins indicated for your size and in your selected color combination:
- Main Color (100g skeins):
- Size 1-3: 37.75-44” = 4 skeins
- Size 4-6: 47.25 - 53.5" = 4 skeins
- Contrast Colors (25g skeins):
- 1 skein each of 6 colors according to selected color combination.
- PLEASE NOTE: Amble mini-skeins are extremely popular and some of the colors in our combinations are out of stock until later in the Fall. Fortunately, we have the capability to create mini-skeins from full skeins.
- If you receive a mini- skein with no label, please know that you have received a 25g skein with approx. 85 yds. in the color identified in your set.
- We have not assigned an order in which to knit your mini-skeins which allows you to create a combination you love! However, if you would like guidance we suggest knitting the minis in the order they appear in the listing.
- Optional Pattern Add-on: Digital copy (via Ravelry); provide your Ravelry username or email address to receive your pattern
- Optional Needle Add-on: ChiaoGoo Bamboo Interchangeable Needle Set including:
- US3.0 (3.25mm) 5" tips
- US4.0 (3.50mm) 5" tips
- SPIN Nylon Cable: Size 22" (equivalent to 32" including needle tips)
- SPIN Nylon Cable: Size 14" (equivalent to 18" including needle tips)
- US3.0 (3.25MM) Bamboo Double Point Needles
Sizing and Finished Measurements:
Size 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
(37.75, 41, 44) (47.25, 50, 53.5)“ / (96, 104, 112) (120, 128, 136) cm at bust.
Designed to fit with 2 - 4” [5 - 10 cm] of positive ease at the bust. Photos show size 2 on a 37” / 94 cm bust model.
Estimated Yarn Required
(1207, 1243, 1314) (1420, 1562, 1740) yds / (1104, 1137, 1202) (1299, 1429, 1592) m in MC Fair Hill
Less than 5 g each in colorways Chalk Cliffs, Scafell Pike, Heathland, Catbells, Buttermere and Windermere
US 4 [3.50mm] circular needles for the sweater
US 3 [3.25 mm] double point needles
US 3 [3.25 mm] circular needles for ribbing
Gauge (Blocked): 25 stitches and 35 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch, blocked