Mysteriosa by Åsa Tricosa
Thank you to everyone who ordered this item! The preorder timing for this item is closed and the item is no longer available.
ORDERS SHIP ON 14 SEPTEMBER. PLEASE MAKE NOTE!
Jubilæum definition: Anniversary, Celebration, Jubilation, Rejoicing, Festivity
Mysteriosa, our Chapter 3 Jubilæum Shawl, was designed for Åsa Tricosa’s first ever Mystery Knit-a-long seven years ago. As she reviewed the pattern for the Jubilæum Åsa realized there was nothing she wanted to change and considers it one of her best designs to date.
The crescent-shaped Mysteriosa is an organic design where one element flows naturally into the next. Simple stockinette and garter sections give way to stripes that appear woven into the shawl using the magic of slipped stitches. The lace section evokes images exquisite fans – whimsical and architectural in equal measure. The final picot edge is truly the perfect touch as it continues the lace pattern through the final striped section leaving teardrops (of happiness?) for each of pattern motifs.
Integral to this design is the opportunity to learn, try or hone a several knitting and finishing techniques. The Åsa Tricosa Tab; the Integrated Stretchy Picot Bind-off, applied i-cord and more. Like all of her patterns, Åsa provides clear directions and helpful tutorials to guide you through new techniques.
We’ve designed each of our Celebration Kits to include beautiful yarns and related items, selected in collaboration with Åsa. Here’s what is included in our Mysteriosa Kit.
THE YARN - NEW!
- POGO by Crave Yarn sport | 382 yd (349m) | 100g | 69% silk, 22% kid mohair | 9% nylon
- 2 sk Main Color - 100g
- 1 sk Contrast Color 1 - 50g
- 1 sk Contrast Color 2 - 50g
- Bespoke Sweater Size Project bag from ECO Bags - 100% cotton and 13” x 17” - easily holds a sweater quantity of yarn.
- Bonus CHIRRUP pattern from Åsa Tricosa - You’ll be able to knit this using the left over yarn from your Chapter 3 kit
- Åsa Tricosa Stitch Markers
- Coloring pages to make experimenting with color order easy!
- A handy wide-format bookmark listing abbreviations most commonly used in Åsa’s patterns
- Tutorial cards illustrating techniques used for this garment.
- Another small item or two we’d like to keep as a surprise!
FREE SHIPPING IN THE US.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: YOUR SHIPPING WILL BE CALCULATED SEPARATELY SO WE CAN FIND THE BEST METHOD FOR YOU. YOU WILL BE INVOICED SEPARATELY VIA PAYPAL.
ORDERS SHIP ON 14 SEPTEMBER 2021. PLEASE MAKE NOTE!
- MYSTERIOSA Pattern - PDF via RAVELRY. We have not included the pattern in the kit since many of you have already purchased the Jubilæum Collection eBook. If you choose to add the pattern, it will be sent to you via Ravelry not directly from Yarn Culture. Please remember to provide your Ravelry name or email address. If you leave that detail blank, we will use the email provided with your order.
- Optional ChiaoGoo Bamboo Circulars and/or Double Points in US6 (4.0mm) per the pattern details below.
See Other Jubilæum Celebration Items HERE.
SIZE: Approximately 78" x 25" (200cm x 65cm)
NEEDLES: 4.0mm (US 6) circular needle, 80-100cm (24-32") or size to obtain gauge
4mm (US 6) double-pointed needle (for optional I-cord)
GAUGE (Blocked): 19 sts x 25 rows on 4.0 mm (US 6). Gauge is not critical but please note that yardage requirements may change if your gauge is different.