by Åsa Tricosa
Knit with a single strand of mohair silk, mo troppo has an ethereal, wafty feeling coupled with a funky elegance. The shawl is an asymmetric mitred rectangle with a spine created by a double decrease and corresponding increases along the edges. Perfect for cool evenings, this wrap features bold stripes contrasted with a longer main section with a fine lily stitch. The design lends itself to a classic, elegant palette or a playful combination that makes you smile every time you wrap it around your shoulders.
We paired mo troppo with Spun Right Round Mohair Silk. We’ve created color pairings that combine tonal colors with the speckled colorways Spun Right Round is known for. In all of our combinations you will see that the main color is a light or medium toned to highlight the details of the lily stitch in the main section of the garment.
- Yarn: Mohair Silk by Spun Right Round⎜lace⎜72% Kid Mohair, 28% Silk⎜459 yds [419m]⎜50g:
- 2 skeins (50g) main color
- 2 skeins (25g) Contrast Color 1 and Contrast Color 2
- Optional Pattern Add-on (via Ravelry)
- Optional Needle Add-on - ChiaoGoo Bamboo Fixed Circulars - US4 24" or 32"
DIMENSIONS: Wingspan: 100" (255 cm); Depth 19.75" (50cm)
Sample shown in Buggy, Omen, Walk Like A Cat, Talk Like a Fish
- US 4 (3.5 mm) circular needle, 28-40” (60-100cm)
- Cable Needle or DPN
- 19 sts x32 rows on US 4 (3.5mm) needles over Stockinette Stitch.
Gauge is not crucial but please note that yardage requirements may change if gauge is different.