Designer’s Description: Lowther is a versatile cardigan for all genders, designed by Lotta H Löthgren in either weight of Cumbria: worsted or fingering. It is knitted seamlessly from the top-down with short-row set-in sleeves and an elegant twisted stitch detail used on the shoulders, sleeves, back and front edges..
Sizing: The given sizes are called Sizes 1-9 and are recommended to fit a chest circumference of: 30-32 (34-36: 38-40: 42-44: 46-48: 50-52: 54-56: 58-60: 62-64) inches. Models are wearing a Size 3. Designed with 2 - 12 cm (1 - 3 in) of positive ease at chest circumference.
Gauge (after blocking):
Lowther Worsted - 19 sts and 26 rows to 10 cm (4 in) measured over st st after blocking.
- 1 pair 3.5mm (US 4) needles
- 3.5mm (US 4) circular needle or double-pointed needles for working a small circumference in the round
- 1 pair 4.5mm (US 7) needles (or size to obtain gauge)
- 4.5mm (US 7) circular needle or double-pointed needles for working a small circumference in the round (or size to obtain gauge)
Sample shown in: Models are wearing a Size 3. Blencathra (nutty cream) and Isel (grey)
Yarn: Cumbria Worsted by the Fibre Co. / 60% Merino wool, 30% Masham wool, 10% mohair / 236 yds / 100 g hank
- 5 (5: 5: 6: 6: 7: 7: 8: 8) hanks
Pattern: Optional digital copy (via Ravelry)
RECEIVE THE PATTERN AT NO CHARGE FOR ORDERS ON SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 12 ONLY: HERE'S HOW:
1) SELECT YOUR COLOR AND SIZE 2) SELECT THE "NO PATTERN" OPTION 3) PROVIDE YOUR RAVELRY NAME OR EMAIL.
IF YOU SELECT "YES" FOR THE PATTERN YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT AND WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERSE THE CHARGE.