by Eri Shimizu
When we saw Miriam Sandrejova's images from her test knit , we knew instantly that Kairaku was perfect for the men in our lives! Designed with 10.75-12.75" positive ease, it is easy to fit larger sizes. Remember that most men's shirts oftten have a lot more fabric than women's shirts so if you'll need to allow enough ease to include that. Our best suggestion is to find a sweater in the wearer's wardrobe that fits in a way he likes and measure that garment. Just lay the sweater flat on a table. Measure across the garment from one underarm to the next. You'll double that measurement for the circumference. Then measure the length from the top of the shoulder to the hem.
Let designer Eri Shimizu invite you for a walk through a Japanese garden and bring a peaceful silence home to you. With Kairaku you will knit yourself row after row of subtle elegance. A fine structure in the yoke area gives the sweater a timeless softness. The modern, straight cut with raglan sleeves and an almost horizontal neckline allows you to create ever new combinations. And the single-colour design highlights the melange colours of our Cheeky Merino Joy with its light-dark contrasts.
Kairaku is suitable for beginners and experienced knitters alike. With the easy to knit slipped stitches, even the inexperienced can achieve the expressive structural pattern of the yoke. The pullover is knitted seamlessly from the top down. German short rows form the neckline. The sleeve stitches are placed on hold while the body is being knitted in stockinette stitch and are continued later. Total length and length of the sleeves can easily be adjusted individually. A fine slipped stitch detail at the side seam beautifully completes the design.
- For Bust Circumference: 28-30 [32-34, 36-38, 40-42, 44-46, 48-50, 52-54, 56-58, 60-62] in.
- Finished Chest circumference (at underarm): 41.25 [45.25, 50, 54, 57.25, 61.75, 65.75, 69.75, 74] in. /103.5 [113.5, 125, 135, 143.5, 154, 164, 174, 185] cm
- Length (from top shoulder): 21.5 [22.25, 22.75, 23.25, 23.75, 23.75, 24.25, 24.5, 24.5] in/ 55 [57, 58, 59, 60.5, 60.5, 62.5, 62.5, 62.5] cm
- 24 sts and 32 rnds to 10 cm (4 in) measured over St St after blocking using 3.75 mm (US 5) needles
- 26 sts and 49 rnds to 10 cm (4 in) measured over Yoke stitch after blocking using 3.75 mm (US 5) needles
3.75 mm (US 5) 80 cm (32 in) circular needle
SHOWN IN: Melange Ash Blue
Yarn: Cheeky Merino Joy by Rosy Green Wool / 100% Virgin Wool Organic Merino Extra Fine / Sport (6 - 6.5 sts/in) / 350yds [100g]
4 [4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7] skeins
Pattern Free with Code: PDF via email