Echinacea is a relaxed hat design in the yarn, Lore. It combines a classic gansey motif with a single Tree of Life cable column. The majority of the hat uses a knit/purl and reverse stocking stitch motif on the background of plain knitting. Knitted in the round, the rib edging organically grows into the body of the diamonds and cable.
Echinacea is the second pattern from The Fibre Co.'s new collection, The Almanac Series, a seasonal guide to knitting with The Fibre Co. yarns. This collection will feature new designs for every Yarn of the Month.
SIZING: S [M: L]
- To fit head circumference: 46-51 [51-56: 56-61] cm (18-20 [20-22: 22-24] in)
- Finished measurements:
- Circumference: 48 [53: 57] cm (19.5 [21: 22.75] in)
- Height: 25 [25: 25] cm (10 [10: 10] in)
Sample Shown in: Fair
Yarn: 1 hank of Lore by The Fibre Co. / DK / 100% Lambswool / 273 yds / 100g hank
Optional Pattern Add-on (via Ravelry)
Gauge : 21 stitches and 31 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette Stitch after blocking.
- 3.25mm (US 3) 40 cm (16 in) circular needles
- 4mm (US 6) 40 cm (16 in) circular needles and double-pointed needles for working a small circumference in the round