Cruel Summer is a breezy, dolman-sleeve layering cardi … It’s perfect for throwing on over a tank or tee (even on those steamy hot summer days!). It’s knit seamlessly from the bottom-up and features a lace mesh stitch pattern along the hem and front bands.
- Shown in size 2, being worn with approx 3”/8 cm of positive ease at the hem (high hip) and approx 13”/33 cm of positive ease at the bust.
- I recommend picking a size that provides you with positive ease at both the hem and at the bust/chest. Check out my tips page (link here) for more advice on how to pick a size based on these 2 measurements.
SIZING: 1 (2, 3, 4) (5, 6, 7)
FINISHED CHEST CIRCUMFERENCE
40.5 (46.5, 51.75, 57.75) (63.5, 69.5, 75.5)”/ 103 (118, 131, 147) (161, 177, 192) cm
FINISHED HEM CIRCUMFERENCE:
31.5 (37.5, 42.75, 48.75) (54.5, 60.5, 66.5)”/ 80 (95, 109, 124) (138, 154, 169) cm
The sample shown was knit in a different yarn and is not LUMA.
- Yarn: Luma by The Fibre Co.⎟50% Merino Wool, 25% Organic Cotton, 15% Linen, 10% Silk⎟DK⎟137 yds (50g)
- 6 [7, 8, 10] (11,12,13) skeins in selected color
- Optional Pattern add-on: digital copy (via Ravelry)
- Optional Needle Add-on: ChiaoGoo Bamboo Circulars in size indicated in the description
If you would like to choose your own color you can browse our full Luma offerings HERE.
• Cardi is knit from the bottom up in one piece and features dolman-shaped sleeves.
• The first st of every row is slipped to create a slipped st edging.
• Fronts and back are separated at the underarms and each is worked individually up to the shoulders.
• Fronts feature v-neck shaping and both fronts and back use short rows to shape the shoulders (using the German short row technique).
• Shoulders are seamed together using the Three Needle Bind-Off technique.
GAUGE (AFTER BLOCKING): 20.5 st and 29 rows = 4 inches in stockinette
US 6/4 mm 32”/80 cm circ needle, or size needed to obtain gauge.
For Three Needle Bind-Off: Extra US 6/4 mm circ (any length), or same size used to obtain gauge.