Let the rainbow motif of Melanie’s Couldbreak sweater remind you of just how powerful hope, joy and love can be. We’ve paired this pattern with Amble from The Fibre Co.
Our Kit Includes:
- Yarn: Amble by The Fibre Co⎜Fingering⎜70% Merino, 20% Alpaca, 10% Nylon⎜355 yds | 100g
- Main Color (100g skeins):
- Size 1: 41” = 4 skeins
- Size 2-4: 46' - 54.25" = 5 skeins
- Size 5-6: 58.5" - 62" = 6 skeins
- Contrast Colors (25g skeins):
- 1 skein each of 8 colors. The mini set is the same regardless of Main Color. The colors are: Appleby Castle, Red Scree, Catbells, Yellow Earl, Helvellyn, Seawall, Eden Valley, Wide Blue Yonder.
- Optional Pattern Add-on: Digital copy (via Ravelry); provide your Ravelry username or email address to receive your pattern
NOTE: Our kit contains enough yarn to knit the long sleeved version of the sweater
Sample shown in in another yarn
The Cloudbreak Sweater is worked in the round from the top down seamlessly in one piece. After the ribbing, short rows are worked to raise the neck. The yoke is shaped with increases and the rainbow pattern. The sleeves are separated and put on hold while the remainder of the sweater is worked in stockinette until the hem which is worked in 2x2 rib. Finally, the sleeves are picked up and finished to either a short or long length.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
Size 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Finished Bust(41, 46, 49.5) (54.25, 58.5, 62)“ / (102.5, 115, 123.5) (135.5, 146, 155)cm
Designed to fit with 4 - 6” [10 - 15 cm] of positive ease at the bust, less for larger sizes.
US4/3.5mm circular needles
US4/3.5mm double points for knitting small circumferences
OR size to achieve Gauge
23 stitches and 35 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch, blocked