CHARA Hat & Loop Scarf
by Jayalakshmi MH
New in our shop: Chara - the fourth design of this year's Rosy Green Wool collection with the theme Joy. What is special about this set of hat and loop scarf, which was created for Rosy Green Wool by the Indian designer, Jayalakshmi MH @apoorvadesigns, is its Two-Colour Linen Stitch. For Chara, she used Rosy's thick, cuddly yarn "Big Merino Hug" in the colors Deep Ocean and Isar Pebble - for impressive contrasts. For the loop scarf, you can choose between a narrower version or a wider one for an extra portion of warmth for outside. No matter how you decide, it's a pure pleasure to see the fascinating pattern evolve.
- Hat Circumference (taken over Two-Colour Linen St just above ribbing): 45.5 [51.5, 57.5] cm (18.25 [20.5, 23] in); Height (with hem not folded): 19.5 [20.5, 22.5] cm (7.75 [8, 9] in)
- Loop Scarf Length (full circumference): 150 cm (59 in); Width: 19 cm [24 cm] (7.5 in [9.5] in)
- Worked in the round (Hat) - 20 sts x 32 rnds = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over Two-Colour Linen St with 5 mm (US 8) needles after blocking.
- Worked flat (Scarf) - 21 sts x 34 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) measured over Two-Colour Linen St with 5 mm (US 8) needles after blocking.Tools Needed: 3.5 mm (US 4) needles
- 4.5 mm (US 7) 60 cm (24 in) circular needle or double-pointed needles
- 5 mm (US 8) 60 cm (24 in) circular needle or double-pointed needles
Sample shown in: A) Isar Pebble [color of hat brim] / B) Deep Ocean
Yarn: Big Merino Hug by Rosy Green Wool / 100% Virgin Wool Organic Merino Extra Fine / Aran (4.5 sts/in) / 175yds [160m]
- All Hat Sizes & Narrow Scarf: A) 2 skeins / B) 2 skeins
- Small/Medium Hat & Wide Scarf: A) 2 skeins / B) 2 skeins
- Large Hat & Wide Scarf: A) 3 skeins / B) 2 skeins
NOTE: Color Names are listed in top to bottom order.
Pattern: Your kit will include a card with the Coupon code included so you can download this pattern for free from Ravelry and add it to your Ravelry Library.