These smart socks are ready for any occasion. Wear them with shoes that cover the instep to look perfectly professional, then kick off your shoes when it’s time to get the party started. Worked top-down, these socks feaure a quickly memorized colorwork pattern around the leg of the sock. A slip-stitch heel provides extra durability and seamlessly transitions to a striped sole and instep. Both whimsical and practical, these socks are worked from cuff to toe without cutting the yarn. While the color fun continues to the foot, shoes or boots will still fit comfortably with only single strands of knitting. Business or casual? That’s up to you!
This pattern includes “Tips For Colorwork” and a guide on “Getting the Right Fit.”
SIZING: Adult S (M, L, XL)
- Leg Circumference: 8 (9, 10, 11)”/ 20.5 (23, 25.5, 28) cm
- Foot Circumference: 7 (8, 9, 10)”/ 18 (20, 23, 25) cm
- Leg Length: Adjustable to fit
- Foot Length: Adjustable to fit, approx. 1/2” (1.3cm) shorter than actual foot length
GAUGE (after blocking): In Stockinette:
- 32sts and 48 rounds = 4” (10cm) in stockinette
- 32sts and 40 rounds = 4” (10cm) in colorwork pattern
NEEDLES: US 2 (2.75mm) for colorwork and US 1 (2.25mm), or as needed to meet gauge; DPNs or needles for small circumference knitting
* this design is shown in a different yarn, but we couldn't resist pairing it with Amble by The Fibre Company. This new yarn and the color palette is perfect for this design and any other sock set that draws your eye.
Yarn: 2 skeins of Amble by The Fibre Co.⎟70% Easy-wash Merino Wool, 20% Easy-wash Alpaca, 10% Recycled Yarn⎟fingering⎟355 yds (100g)
- MC: 1 skein
- CC: 1 skein
Optional Pattern Add-on: digital copy (via Ravelry)