I wanted to design a shawl for some time now and I wanted to design something with a lot of texture too. I envisioned something that I could wrap myself up in on chilly days, and I love how this shawl captures textures and coziness.
Bluewater Lake is a lake near my home where my family would go fishing in the winter and in the summer. This shawl reminds me of a lake both in the color and the texture as water ripples and moves almost constantly.
This parallelogram shawl is knit on the bias and uses three main pattern repeats to form the design. The pattern is both written and charted and can be adjusted to make a longer or shorter shawl.
Photos for this listing: © Tressa Weidenaar
The sample shows in the photos was knit using another yarn, NOT Luma.
FINISHED MEASUREMENTS (AFTER BLOCKING)
Size: Regular (Large)
Length: 64 1/2” (72”); 164 (183) cm
Height: 16” (40.5 cm)
- YARN: Luma by The Fibre Co.⎪DK⎪50% Merino Wool, 25% Organic Cotton, 15% Linen, 10% Silk⎪137yds⎪50g
- 8 skeins in selected color for the REGULAR size shawl (see finished measurements
- Option to add an extra skein for the LARGE size (see finished measurements)
- Optional Pattern Add-on: Digital copy (via Ravelry); provide your Ravelry username or email address to receive your pattern.
- Optional Needle Add-on: ChiaoGoo Bamboo Circulars in size indicated in the description
GAUGE: 19 sts and 31 rows = 4” (10 cm) in pattern after blocking.
NEEDLES:US Size 7 (4.5 mm) 32” (80 cm) circular needles OR needles required to achieve gauge