We are always interested in learning new ways to knit garments we love at Yarn Culture and the Cocoknits Sweater Method fits the bill!
Join us as we guide you through a 4-class workshop showing you how to use this new method to create simple, seamless top-down styles you’ll reach for again and again. We’ll be knitting the pattern Emma in this class.
You Class Fees include:
- Four 2-hour class sessions guiding you through the process and knitting techniques used in the Cocoknits Method .
- Exclusive demonstration videos by Julie Weisenberger available only through the class. These will be used to illustrate techniques in the class and will be about 15-30 minutes of class time, depending on the session.
- A Cocoknits Method “supply kit” including: Cocoknits Sweater Worksheet, Colored Stitch Markers, Technique Cheat Sheets, Pencil, Tapestry Needle, Measuring Tape
- 15% discount on select in-stock yarns purchased for this class including Cestari Montecello, Shibui Twig and Shibui Fern. We can special order Habu N-100 and Habu A-188 for registrations received by May 16, 2018.
Class Fee: $85. The class fee is non-refundable unless Yarn Culture cancels the class. There is no refund/credit for missed classes.
Class Dates: May 26, June 2, June 9, June 23.
All classes meet on Saturday mornings from 10a-noon.
Class size: Min 4 students; Max 10 students.
Class Supply List - Supplied by Students
- Cocoknits Sweater Workshop book (required and not included in the class fee. It must be purchased separately.)
- 1 ball of worsted, aran, chunky, or bulky yarn for practice
- Circular needles in size 9–11 (either one 40" or longer or 3 separate circulars) (EMMA is knit at 3 sts/inch so you need a needle to get gauge).
- Smaller skinny needle in any size (double pointed or circular)
- Yarn snips or scissors
- Blank paper for notes (or use back of your worksheet)
- Yarn to complete your sweater. While we always love it when you use our yarn, it is not required for this class.
Requirements: This is not a class for beginner knitters. While you do not need to have knit a sweater before you must be able to: knit, purl, knit in the round, read a pattern, execute basic increases and decreases, cast on, bind off.
To register for the class call the shop 585.678.4894 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.