2020 HAT & MITTS
by Melanie Berg
Melanie's Description: For me, December is often a month in which I look back and review the year. 2020 demanded a lot from us all. Who would have thought this would be so last New Years Eve, when we celebrated carefree with champagne and parties?
If there's one thing I've learned this year - it's that friendship and connectedness are what count in life. Laugh together, cry together. Support each other in getting back on one's feet to carry on.
Perhaps you also experienced friendship during the crisis? Maybe you want to say thank you to someone, or even surprise someone ? The "2020 Hat" knits up quick and is perfect as a little Christmas gift.
Together with the matching mitts (there's also a pattern for them), it makes a wonderful set for the cold season.
The yarn is also something special: pure cashmere from Pascuali, certified organic. Have fun knitting!
- Hat: S (M, L) ⎪9 (9.75, 10.5)" / 22.5 (24.5, 26.5) cm length and 17.75 (19.5, 21.25)" / 44 (48.5, 53) cm circumference
- Mitts: S (M, L) ⎪8.75 (8.75, 9.75)" / 22 (22, 24.5) cm length and 6.75 (7.25, 7.75)" / 16.5 (18, 19.5) cm circumference
GAUGE (after blocking):
Hat: 13.5 sts x 20 rows = 2 x 2" [5 x 5 cm] in stockinette stitch.
Mitts: 13.5 sts x 20 rows = 2 x 2" [5 x 5 cm] in stockinette stitch.
Hat: US 2.5 [3.00 mm] circular and double pointed needles or size to obtain gauge
- Mitts: US 2.5 [3.00 mm] double pointed needles or size to obtain gauge
SHOWN IN: Cream
Yarn: Organic Chasmere by Pascuali⎟100% organic cashmere⎟Fingering⎟122 yds (25g)
- Hat Only OR Mitts Only: 2 balls
- Hat and Mitts - up to size Medium: 3 balls
- Hat and Mitts - Large and for anyone nervous about running out of yarn: 4 balls
Optional Pattern Add-on: digital copy (via Ravelry)
- Hat Pattern Only [$6]
- Mitts Pattern Only [$6]
- Hat and Mitts for a $2 discount [$10]